Friday, April 30, 2010

Simunnn !!!!

Simun was a great experience for everyone I think. I believe it helps you be able to be quick enough to think on your feet. Also it makes you aware of some of the crisis. That is really going on but just puts a twist on them. I believe it also helps students get a really good feel on how delegates from countries meet. I really enjoyed my simun experience because of these things it made me want to protect the country I had from any allegations pointed and want to help my allies with their problems.
For Simun I would say that I did okay kind of decent considering the country I was given was really not in any scenario and all they wanted was peace. Or my allies even if they were in it I did what I could to help and support them. I really just gave speeches backing up my allies and asked questions. So I would say I did decent and tried to get myself involved in all the situations or scenario that was happening.
I prepared for simun very well. I researched my country as to what type of government they had. I also looked to see their history with other countries who have been their allies in the past and who they are now. I also made sure that I knew exactly what type of country they were as if like did they honor, were they peace makers, or were they trying to be better than other countries. Where they against any other countries and such.
Next time I think if I had a different country I would go about preparing myself completely different. For the simple fact that I had Canada which is an alliance with the United States so I was not that much involved but they were. So my research also consisted of the United States. I had to know about them to help my neighboring country they were put up against.
I will say the only thing I didn’t like about Simun was that we didn’t get to pick our own countries. Also that it was for two class periods. But overall I liked Simun it was not as bad as it seemed and it wasn’t as hard. I think it just made people nervous because they were being evaluated right on the spot and it was a group inter action thing and most people might have felt ganged up on. But, I think Simun should continue for many years to come it’s a good learning experience for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment