Friday, May 7, 2010

WOw!

So on May 6, 2010 I had surgery procedure. They were trying to see what was causing my stomach pains that I constantly had. So they would take a scope with a small camera to look inside my stomach. For some unknown reason I was really excited. I wanted to stay awake the whole time but they said I would gag. Gagging would lead to throwing up then probly me choking on the tube they stuck down my esophagus. But it was really interesting how serious they took it because I didn’t think of it as a big deal; I kind of just blew it off. So I woke up and drove to children’s hospital with my mom. It was Children’s hospital downtown and it was really crowded. In the parking garage we had to park at the very top because of how crowded it was. We walked into the check-in room and there were toddlers, babies, and kids in between ten and seventeen. I asked how old are their patients they told me it can range anywhere up to twenty-one. They also said they get others too but it is very rare considering its “Children’s Hospital” most are children doctors.
I waited for a whole hour until they called my name to go in the back and change and get talked to. I had to change into pants and a gown and socks. I had to take all jewelry off and nail polish. Nail polish was kind of dumb because I didn’t understand why but it was so they could see your nail beads. By them being able to see your nail beads made them sure that you weren’t dyeing or weren’t already dead. Then after I changed the anastigyolgus came to talk to me about what was going to happen. I was being put to sleep so I wouldn’t feel anything I was given the choice between having a mask or IV. I chose the IV the mask makes me not be able to breathe. They had a hard time finding my veins but once they did they stuck the IV in I would say that was the worst.
The IV was bad because he kept moving the needle around in my arm which made it hurt. Then they wheeled me to the surgical room where there were four doctors and two nurses. I was talking to them and they told me to tell them a story I guess they had already put the sleeping medicine into my IV because next thing I knew I woke up in the recovery room. I had air condition air taste in my mouth and felt like a golf ball was stuck in my throat I was hard for me to breathe. I was a little woozy for the next hour. They told me I was out of it because I must have been really hungry because I kept trying to get the nurse to give me pizza. When I got home I slept all day. The preparation was about two hours but the actual procedure was thirty minutes. I feel fine but the real killer was Friday may 7, 2010 which is today. My throat is horse and raspy and hard for me to eat because it hurts but it was an experience I will never forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment